Surrounded by 3,600 square meters of manicured tropical gardens, Shantaram is a spectacular 5-bedroom luxurious holiday home located on Bali’s southwest coastline in the peaceful enclave of Canggu. You’ll have complete tranquility and yet also be within a short drive to Seminyak, the island’s thriving tourist hotspot with its café culture, local and western restaurants and designer boutiques.
Literally meaning ‘peace haven’ in Indonesian, Shantaram is the perfect luxury Bali villa to host a larger group of friends or family. The sheer size of the property at 650 square meters ensures a combination of private space and common living areas. Mango trees, local frangipanis, towering coconut palms and bougainvillea are dotted throughout the gardens. And the property itself faces cascading rice fields beyond, which are separated from the villa by a small river.
Interior and exterior features and furnishings have been created personally by the villa owner, using renowned craftsmen from Bali and neighboring Java. A fully equipped kitchen sits adjacent to a large dining area and from the terrace you’ll have uninterrupted views across to the 12 x 5-meter private pool. You can also choose from several sofas to chill out in on the ground floor which all face towards those luscious rice fields.
Of all the cafes and restaurants close by, Echo beach is perhaps one of the most renowned restaurants which sits on the beach front. You’ll definitely need to sample the freshly caught seafood here, prepared on the BBQ. An international golf club is also a short drive away, as is a local equestrian center if horses are your thing.
The villa management will greet you upon your arrival and staff, including security and a garderner will tend to any requirements whilst remaining discreet and quiet during your stay. A fully trained chef will prepare most western and local dishes, with a small additional fee required to allow the chef to do food shopping. Do order in advance to give the chef plenty of time to prepare your meals.
Villa manager, cook, housekeepers, gardeners, pool attendant and security guards
|Seasons||Season Dates||Min. Stay||Price per Night|
|Low Season||January 9 - June 15|
September 1 - December 18
Excluding Chinese New Year, Easter
|High Season||Chinese New Year|
June 16 - August 31
|Peak Season||December 19 - January 8||7 nights||US$1,150/night++|
All villa rates are subject to 15% government tax and service charge
Services and Facilities
- 5 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. All air-conditioned
- Pool size 12 x 5m
- Land size 3,600m2. Building size 650m2
- Inside and outside dining rooms
- Interior living room adorned with large window bays, exterior living rooms
- Flat-screen TV with 125 Cable channels; DVD player and a selection of Movies; USB connector and CD player
- 4 large terraces
- Pool house
- Safety box in every bedroom
- Daily breakfast included
- Wireless Internet connection
- Fully equipped kitchen
- On-site car parking available
- Back-up generator to ensure uninterrupted access
- Baby sitter can be arranged *
- Laundry and dry cleaning service available *
- Luxury day spas are situated close by. In-house villa treatments can also be scheduled *
- An air-conditioned 7-seater car and driver can be arranged *
*Additional fees apply